Недавно одна французская журналистка отвечала в своем блоге на нетривиальные вопросы о своих книжных пристрастиях. Давайте и мы на них ответим, на том языке, который изучаем. Я приведу оригинальные французские вопросы и мой перевод на русский и английский.
Также к слову о книгах напомню, что я когда-то публиковала пост Английская лексика: чтение и книги, который может вам пригодится, чтобы ответит на следующие вопросы.
1. Un premier souvenir de lecture ?
Ваше первое воспоминание о чтении/книгах?
Your first memory of reading?
Nothing special. Some children books, some detective stories.
2. Le chef-d’oeuvre méconnu que vous portez aux nues ?
Неизвестный шедевр, который вы превозносите до небес?
An unknown chef-d’oeuvre that you adore?
Love story by Eric Segal.
3. Le chef-d’oeuvre officiel qui vous tombe des mains ?
Всеми признанный шедевр, который вы терпеть не можете?
A well-known book that you cannot read?
4. L’auteur avec qui vous aimeriez passer une soirée ?
С кем из писателей вы бы хотели провести вечер?
An author with who you would like meet to chat?
Actually, nobody. I do enjoy Bill Bryson’s works or Stephen Fry’s but it doesn’t mean they would be interesting to speak to. Or I just don’t know what to ask them.
But I would surely like to thank all the writers whose books I like. And I have already done it, emailed a thank-you letter, to Bill Bryson and Mark Forsyth. The latter wrote The Etymologicon which became my favourite book about the English language.
5. Le livre dont vous auriez aimé être le héros ?
Героем какой книги вы хотели бы быть?
Name a book who’s hero you would like to be?
I would like to be Odette Toutlemonde from the novel by Eric Emmanuel-Schmitt. I admire her attitude to life and its difficulties. She looks at everything and everyone with a smile on her face and it is not only a smile on the lips there is tremendous joy of life behind it. Odette is one and only litterary character that I have encountered so far that doesn’t pick on her children. She simply loves them the way they are. She doesn’t even think about making them better by giving them constant advice as almost every mother does. She knows how to enjoy her life however miserable it could seem from a stranger’s point of view.
6.Celui que vous offrez le plus ?
Какую книгу вы чаще всего дарите?
Which book you often give as a present?
I usually give people self-help books as a present, for example Теперь я ем всё, что хочу
(google it to download it free of charge) or Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.
I don’t usually present people with fiction because I agree with Robertson Davies who said
The great book for you is the book that has the most to say to you at the moment when you are reading. I do not mean the book that is most instructive, but the book that feeds your spirit. And that depends on your age, your experience, your psychological and spiritual need.
But if I do choose fiction I buy Odette by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt.
7. Un livre récent que vous avez envie de lire ?
Недавно вышедшая книга, которую вы бы хотели прочитать?
A recent book you would like to read?
I brought some recently published books from Spain but their titles won’t tell anything to anybody.
8. Celui que vous aimeriez lire dans sa langue ?
Книга, которую вы бы хотели прочитать на языке оригинала?
A book you would like to read in its original version (language)?
If you read About me page of this blog you would probably remember that when I was sixteen I was hooked on Peter Hog’s books. I wanted so much to read them in Danish that I almost entered the Scandinavic language department on my faculty!
9. Celui que vous voudriez avoir lu avant de mourir ?
Книга, которую вы хотели бы прочитать до того, как вас не станет?
A book you would like to read before you die?
Bible. Because I still haven’t read it and it really annoys me when I encounter allusions to biblical stories in art and music but have to google them to understand what are they about.
И еще вопросы:
- How many books have you read in your life?
- Is there a time in your life when you read all the time?
- How many hours do you spend reading in a week?
- Have you ever been to a book signing or met an author?
- Do you have any ideas for a story for you to write?
- Do you read books based on recommendations?
- What are some of the books that were recommended to you?
- Were you ever given a bad recommendation?
- Did it change your opinion of the person who recommended the book?
- What books have you recommended for other people?
- What was your favorite book growing up?
- Is there a book that you have read more than once?
- What was the title?
- How many times did you read it?
- Is there a book you just couldn’t finish?
- What is your favorite time of day for reading?
- Where is your favorite place to read?
- Do you listen to music while you read?
- Do you often read book before go to bed?
- What factors are important to you when choosing a book to read?
- A Recommendation from a friend?
- The front cover?